Bible Study for adults takes place on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM in our church library. We alternate between studying a book of the Bible and a book on a Christian topic such as Wesleyan theology, the Apostle Paul, or a number of other topics. Join us for a time of study, conversation, prayer and fellowship.
The mission of the Fenton United Methodist Men (FUMM) is to provide opportunities for men to get involved in the life of the church. Many of the activities provide opportunities for men to grow spiritually and provide a support network for each other. You have the power to join and bring new activities to the FUMM. Just attend our monthly meetings and bring your ideas!
Current activities of the FUMM include:
Monthly Meeting: Held on the first Saturday at 8:00 a.m. in North Campus Room 117
(Please notice new time/schedule for UMM Breakfast)
- 8:00 AM Business Meeting
- 8:30 AM Breakfast
- 9:00 AM Program
- Pasty Sales: Our pasty sales support payment on the principal on the Fenton Family Life Center (South Campus) mortgage. The FUMM announce their March Pasty Sale! Order your pasties today for pick-up on November 9th. Please click the link below to order your pasty's online. Still $4.00/pasty. You can order baked or unbaked with beef or vegetarian fillings. Thank you for your support. The proceeds will be used to pay down the FLC mortgage. Click HERE for Pasty Order Form
- Graduate Breakfast: Every June, our church takes a Sunday to honor its graduating Seniors. We provide breakfast to the seniors and their families prior to the worship service.
- Potato Benefit for the St. Andrew Mission: Each November, we organize and prepare Fenton United Methodist's Annual Potato Dinner. Potato dishes of all kinds are served in conjunction with a silent auction to raise funds to support the St. Andrew Mission.
- PET (Personal Energy Transportation) Project: We meet in Hadley, Michigan on the 3rd Thursday or each month at 8 a.m. and in Ypsilanti, Michigan as required on Wednesdays at 8 a.m.
- Hanging of the Greens: The FUMM decorates the church for Christmas every year.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing: We organize our church congregation to be volunteer bell-ringers at local stores to raise money for the Salvation Army during their annual kettle drive.
Helping Others: Through funds raised during our Strawberry Festival (held during the Fenton Art Walk each August) the FUMM provides assistance to:
- The Gideons for Bible distribution
- The Flint District and Detroit Area Council UMM
- Fenton UMC activities such as (but not limited to): Flood Buckets, the Midwest Food Distribution Center, and Food Baskets
All me are invited to join the FUMM in any or all of our activities as we develop our life in the church! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
OR contact President- Tom Hyslop at email@example.com.
The Fenton UMW membership of 75 meets monthly in three circles, plus and on-line circle. We are currently planning on making cheese balls to sell again in November on the 13th and 14th, they will be $5-6.00 each. On October 3rd we will be having a speaker from the Center of Hope to give us some information and insight into their program. On that day we will be having a soup and salad luncheon in Fellowship Hall. This is one of our General Meetings for all three circles to meet together. We are planning a picnic in July with an interesting speaker. We are looking forward to our new year.
The UMW raises funds as a unit and individually as circles to fulfill our Mission Giving Objective. this past year we have donated money to Local and National Missions, as well as monthly donations to our own Food Pantry. Members also volunteer hours to our church and community organizations. Any women interested in joining please contact our church and we will be glad to fit you with a circle that matches your life style.