THE WAY for adults takes place on Wednesdays. Wednesday evenings there will be several short-term studies running concurrently to offer a variety of choices for study. For those who prefer a daytime Bible study, our Lead Pastor will teach the same Bible study on Wednesday at 1:00 PM that he is teaching in the evening. From time to time, we will also offer Financial Peace University.
The mission of the Fenton United Methodist Men (FUMM) is to provide opportunities for men to get involved in the life of the church. Many of the activities provide opportunities for men to grow spiritually and provide a support network for each other. You have the power to join and bring new activities to the FUMM. Just attend our monthly meetings and bring your ideas!
Current activities of the FUMM include:
Monthly Meeting: Held on the first Saturday at 8:00 a.m. in North Campus Room 117
(Please notice new time/schedule for UMM Breakfast)
- 9:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:30 AM Business Meeting
- 10:00 AM Keynote Speaker
- Pasty Sales: Our pasty sales support payment on the principal on the Fenton Family Life Center (South Campus) mortgage. The FUMM announce their March Pasty Sale! Please click the link below to order your pasty's online. Still $3.50/pasty. You can order baked or unbaked with beef or vegetarian fillings. Thank you for your support. The proceeds will be used to pay down the FLC mortgage. Click HERE for Pasty Order Form
- Graduate Breakfast: Every June, our church takes a Sunday to honor its graduating Seniors. We provide breakfast to the seniors and their families prior to the worship service.
- Potato Benefit for the St. Andrew Mission: Each November, we organize and prepare Fenton United Methodist's Annual Potato Dinner. Potato dishes of all kinds are served in conjunction with a silent auction to raise funds to support the St. Andrew Mission.
- PET (Personal Energy Transportation) Project: We meet in Hadley, Michigan on the 3rd Thursday or each month at 8 a.m. and in Ypsilanti, Michigan as required on Wednesdays at 8 a.m.
- Hanging of the Greens: The FUMM decorates the church for Christmas every year.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing: We organize our church congregation to be volunteer bell-ringers at local stores to raise money for the Salvation Army during their annual kettle drive.
Helping Others: Through funds raised during our Strawberry Festival (held during the Fenton Art Walk each August) the FUMM provides assistance to:
- The Gideons for Bible distribution
- The Flint District and Detroit Area Council UMM
- Fenton UMC activities such as (but not limited to): Flood Buckets, the Midwest Food Distribution Center, and Food Baskets
All me are invited to join the FUMM in any or all of our activities as we develop our life in the church! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
OR contact President- Tom Hyslop at email@example.com.
Purpose: The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The Fenton UMW membership of 70 meets monthly in three circles. Love Circle meets in the evening, Joy meets in the morning and Peace meets in the Afternoon . General meetings are scheduled three times this year, including special projects, such as Cheese Balls that we make and sell in the Fall, Missionary Speakers and a Picnic in the Summer.
UMW raises funds as a unit and also through each circle to fulfill our Mission Giving Objective. September 2014 to September 2015, we donated over $5000 to local, national and world missions, in addition to several hundred dollars of donated goods to missions. Members also volunteer hours within the church and community organizations.
We participate in District and Conference level meetings for training, fellowship and friendship. Any woman is welcome to join in this fellowship. Information brochures are available at the Welcome Center in the Narthex, or on a table in the Family Life Center. Contact Ellen Cotcher, Membership (810-735-1060) or Carolyn Lynch, President (810-252-9662).