Our Stephen Ministry program is an outreach ministry equipping lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-to-one care to those experiencing all kinds of life challenges. Stephen Ministers are trained in Christian care giving. Their role is to listen and care, not give advice.
Stephen Ministry is a one on one caring ministry. There are times when each of us needs the care of another person, a Christian friend--a Stephen Minister. These needs include, but are not limited to:
- the hospitalized
- the terminally ill and their families
- people who move into or out of our community
- those grieving a death or serious loss
- the home bound and institutionalized
- prisoners, ex-offenders and their families
- those with a job crisis
- the aging and elderly
- those with disabilities and their families
- those needing the support of a Christian friend
- those facing life transitions
- the separated or divorced
- households experiencing birth or adoption
- those in spiritual crisis
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. Those receiving care can be assured that their identity and what is said in the caring relationship will remain private.
Please contact either Susan Allen OR the church office (810-629-2132) to receive more information.